Campbell Rd fire sparked by power lines

West Kelowna Fire Rescue Fire Chief Jason Brolund has given an update on the Campbell Rd fire from Wednesday night:

"The fire cause and determination investigation has been completed. The fire is not considered suspicious at this time.  Investigators believe that the cause is most likely to be electrical in nature. It is believed that two high voltage lines in the vincinty touching together produced sparks that led to the ignition of the fire."

Shortly before 11pm last night, crews were called to Campbell Rd in the Casa Loma area for reports of a grass fire.  A 50ft x 50ft fire was discovered burning into a large pine tree in an orchard.  The fire was quickly knocked down by crews and 3 homes in the vicinity were protected without evacuation. There was no damage to homes and no injuries.