Civic Award nomination deadline fast approaching
Released via City of Kelowna
Everyone knows somebody extraordinary – and now’s the time to celebrate them! Help recognize the contributions of outstanding organizations and individuals in the community by submitting a nomination for a Civic & Community Award. The nomination deadline is Friday, Jan. 26.
These awards recognize the talent, dedication and generosity of the men, women and youth who have contributed to making Kelowna a better place to live in 2017.
There’s also a scholarship component for the Young Male and Young Female Volunteer of the Year award categories. The Dillon Thomas Budd Scholarship, supported by the Thomas Alan Budd Foundation, is awarded to the three finalists selected, with funding towards their post-secondary goals, including $1,000 for the recipient and $500 for each of the finalists.
Online nomination forms can be found on the Civic & Community Awards page at kelowna.ca/our-community.
Hard copy forms are available at City Hall and the Parkinson Recreation Centre. Completed forms can be dropped off at Parkinson Recreation Centre or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nomination categories include:
- Bob Giordano Memorial Award – Volunteer Coach or Sport Administrator of the Year
- Bryan Couling Memorial Award – Athletic Team of the Year
- Central Okanagan Foundation – Volunteer Organization of the Year
- Champion for the Environment Awards (individual and business)
- Corporate Community of the Year (small and medium to large businesses)
- Fred Macklin Memorial Award – Man of the Year
- Honour in the Arts
- Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- Sarah Donalda Treadgold Memorial Woman of the Year Award
- Teen Honour in the Arts
- Young Male & Female Volunteer of the Year
Questions regarding the nomination process can be directed to Amber Gilbert at 250-469-8967 or email@example.com.
For more information about the awards, visit kelowna.ca.