Construction begins on Daimler Drive in West Kelowna
Construction has begun on pedestrian improvements to Daimler Drive between Auburn Road and Old Okanagan Highway in West Kelowna.
Motorists may experience minor delays during construction which is expected to be complete at the end of August.
The construction contract has been awarded to Copcan Civil Ltd., at a cost of $647,520, and will include:
- 300 lineal meters of road widening to the South side of Daimler Drive
- 60 lineal meters of full-depth road reconstruction
- 839 square meters of new concrete sidewalk to the South side of Daimler Drive
- 177 lineal meters of storm main extension on the South side of Daimler Drive
- 415 lineal meters of concrete curb and gutter
- Street lighting enhancements at various locations
- Street-parking improvements along both the North and South sides of Daimler Drive
- Cross-walk improvements with a new crosswalk mid-block
There will be single-lane alternating traffic through the construction zone.