Don't throw out that lit cigarette
Motorists driving in and out of West Kelowna will notice bright, new road signs discouraging the public from tossing cigarettes out the window.
After years of facing several destructive interface forest fires, West Kelowna council is spending $3,000 dollars on six new road signs.
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure has already agreed to install similar signage at the entrances to the community along Highway 97.
The signs also indicate the provincial and municipal fines violators may face.
Signs are located at:
- Westside Road North – 200 metres north of South Bear Creek Road
- Campbell Road – 1 kilometre south of Highway 97
- Glenrosa Road – 100 metres north of Highway 97
- Gellatly Road South – 200 metres north of Highway 97
- Elliot Road – 10 metres north of Reece Road
- Paynter Road – 75 metres north of Highway 97