Drug traffickers on trial in one year
Two Okanagan residents facing drug trafficking charges will have to wait nearly a year to go on trial.
Brandon Tuovila of West Kelowna and Danae Manore of Kelowna were arrested in June of 2016 at a residence on Pritchard Road after a police search led to the discovery of several drugs packaged for trafficking.
Police seized the following:
- 372 grams of suspected crack cocaine; totalling 910 pieces pre-packaged for street sales
- 137 grams of suspected fentanyl;
- 82 grams of suspected heroin; totalling 350 pieces pre-packaged for street sales
- over $30,000 in Canadian currency;
- equipment consistent with the sale of illegal drugs;
Both Tuovila and Manore were taken into police custody, and released days later on a strict set of conditions.
On Monday morning, their trial date was set for May 6th, 2019. The trial is expected to last four days.