Fire Saturday sends Kelowna man to hospital

At around 7:30 pm Saturday (June 1) the Kelowna Fire Department Dispatch Center receive several calls reporting a garage fire in the 500 block of Spruceview Place North in Glenmore.

The first arriving officer reported heavy smoke coming from a two car attached garage.

The fire had been mostly extinguished by an occupant of the residence - and fire fighters completed the job.

The fire did not extend into the house - and there was no structural damage.

The fire was contained to the contents of the garage - but the home did suffer smoke damage and was deemed uninhabitable.

One man was transported to Kelowna General Hospital with smoke inhalation.

It's believed the fire was accidental.