Fire sends two to hospital for smoke inhalation

An early morning fire sent two women to hospital for smoke inhalation.

Kelowna Fire Department Platoon Captain, Kelly Stephens, says they were called to a house on Dell Road for reports of smoke, a little after 6:30.

“When they got there they found that there was actual fire and flames coming from the basement of the property,” he says “Luckily they managed to quickly extinguish the fire leaving the extension to the basement a little to the main floor.”

Four people were home at the time, including the two women taken to hospital.

They've been displaced and Emergency Support Services is now assisting them.