Is your carbon monoxide detector working?

The Kelowna Fire Department is going door-to-door this week checking to see if your home has a working carbon monoxide detector.    

Fire Inspector Rick Euper says homes built after 2006 should have one.

"They are required if you have a fuel fire appliance or solid fuel burning wood stove or a garage that is attached to the home that shares the same room as a bedroom".      

Homes in the Lower Mission and Rutland are being checked first.  

If you don't have a working carbon monoxide detector, firefighters will install one for free.