Nominate today: 43rd Annual Civic and Community Awards
The nomination period is officially open for the 43rd Annual Civic and Community Awards.
The annual awards recognize outstanding individuals, groups and organizations whose contributions and achievements benefited the city in 2017.
“It’s still underway, but 2017 has already been quite a year and we’re excited to see nominations come in for volunteers, artists, athletes and organizations that have shone a positive spotlight on Kelowna this year,” said Mariko Siggers, Community and Neighbourhood Services Manager.
Nominations are due Friday, January 26, 2018 and can be submitted online, by email or hard copy. Online nomination forms can be found on the Civic & Community Awards webpage at kelowna.ca/our-community under News and Events. Hard copy forms are available at City Hall, Parkinson Recreation Centre and Okanagan Regional Library Kelowna branch locations.
Nomination categories include:
- Bob Giordano Memorial Award – Volunteer Coach or Sport Administrator of the Year
- Bryan Couling Memorial Award – Athletic Team of the Year
- Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- Champion for the Environment (individual and business)
- Corporate Community of the Year (small and medium/large businesses)
- Central Okanagan Foundation - Volunteer Organization of the Year
- Honour in the Arts
- Teen Honour in the Arts
- Sarah Donalda Treadgold Memorial Award – Woman of the Year
- Fred Macklin Memorial Award – Man of the Year
- Young Male & Female Volunteer of the Year
The Young Male & Female Volunteer of the Year finalists will receive funding towards their post-secondary education through the Dillon Thomas Budd Youth Scholarship, sponsored by the Thomas Alan Budd Foundation.
This year’s 43rd Annual Civic & Community Award Finalists will be celebrated at the gala event on Thursday April 26, 2018 at the Kelowna Community Theatre. Tickets will go on sale starting March 12, 2018.
For more information about the awards and previous finalists, visit kelowna.ca/our-community