Rural Property Tax Notices should arrive soon

Rural Property Tax Notices are in the mail and should soon arrive in the mailboxes of Central Okanagan East and Central Okanagan West Electoral Area homeowners.

All property owners in the Central Okanagan are reminded that the Regional District doesn’t collect taxes directly and cannot accept Property Tax payments. That’s because the Province collects Rural Property Tax Notice payments in the electoral areas while the taxes for Regional District purposes are included on municipal tax notices which are directly collected from property owners within the Cites of Kelowna, West Kelowna, and the Districts of Lake Country and Peachland.

If they qualify, property owners in the two unincorporated rural electoral areas may complete their Home Owner Grant Application (remittance coupon at the bottom of the property tax notice) and make their tax payment to the Minister of Finance at most financial institutions and through their electronic payment services; mortgage agreement; or by enrolling in online eTaxBC.  They may also be sent by mail to:


Surveyor of Taxes,

P.O. Box 9446 Stn Prov Govt,

Victoria, BC V8W 9V6


Property owners in the Central Okanagan East and Central Okanagan West Electoral Areas with questions about their Rural Property Tax Notice should contact the Surveyor of Taxes at 1-888-355-2700; by email; or they can go online to the Ministry of Finance website.

To avoid any penalty, please ensure rural property taxes are paid by July 2nd, 2019.  There are also a number of Provincial Government property tax deferment programs available that qualifying property owners may wish to consider.  Details on these are available on the Ministry website.

Property owners in the City of Kelowna, City of West Kelowna, District of Lake Country, and District of Peachland must direct their property tax payments to their local government.

The Regional District provides approximately 80 different programs and services to residents across the Central Okanagan.