Threat to Kelowna Secondary School not valid
The Kelowna RCMP says it's heard many calls from concerned parents after rumours spread on social media involving a student making a threat at Kelowna Secondary School.
Staff Sargeant Brad Swecera says they would like to make the public, and parents aware, that Kelowna RCMP did in fact receive information in regards to some threats, Thursday afternoon, and fully investigated the matter. The investigation revealed the alleged threats were not valid, and that the school principal and faculty were also made aware and advised.
Swecera says in light of the large volume of calls received, officers are asking people not to blindly repost rumours online, as the ones that led to panic on Thursday were unfounded.
Further information is expected to be released by RCMP Friday morning.
Earlier this week, details emerged about a threat made by a student against Mount Boucherie Secondary School on February 22nd.
Police and officials at School District 23 investigated, and talked with the student and their family, and determined there's no risk to the safety of students at Mount Boucherie.
Kelowna RCMP have not laid any charges.