Two sent to hospital in North Okanagan fire

Vernon North Okanagan RCMP were called to assist the Armstrong Spallumcheen Fire Department for a fire that broke out Tuesday morning on a rural farm, sending two victims to hospital.

At around 11:00 am, front line members of the Vernon North Okanagan RCMP received a call for assistance in regards to a fire that broke out on a local farm.

Officers attended along with the Armstrong Spallumcheen Fire Department and found a shed on the property engulfed in flames.

The fire was quickly extinguished, however not before two employees of the farm received moderate burns to their bodies.

Two employees of the farm sustained injuries as a result of the fire and were transported to the nearest medical facility, with one being airlifted out by the BC Ambulance Service, states Cst. Kelly Brett.

The fire may have been caused by a propane powered pressure washer being used on the farm.