Unsolved crimes in the area
Central Okanagan Crime Stoppers is reporting several unsolved crimes throughout the area.
- A theft from a construction zone on Frost Road in Kelowna was reported in the early morning hours of Saturday, May 12th. A storage unit at the site was broken into, and $50,000 worth of equipment was stolen. Two other storage units had their locks broken, but had nothing stolen from them. A few similar thefts from construction zones occurred earlier this month throughout the Okanagan. It's unknown at this time if any of them are connected.
In West Kelowna:
- A gold 2011 Ford Explorer was stolen from a garage on Copper Ridge drive sometime between the evening of May 12th and morning of 13th. A set of keys was taken along with the vehicle.
- Two vehicles were broken into on Apple Way Boulevard sometime between the evening of May 14th and the morning of May 15th. Several items, including a satellite radio, a set of keys, and an engine code reader were stolen. The total value of the stolen items amounts to approximately $1,000.
In Lake Country:
- Police are looking for a male suspect after a break and enter at a Lake Country gas station on Highway 97 North took place on May 14th just before midnight. The man smashed the gas station’s front door with rocks and jumped into the building before being startled by the security alarm. He fled the gas station and headed towards the intersection of Highway 97 and Beaver Lake Road. He is described as white, bald, with a slim build and a medium height, and was seen wearing a blue jacket, dark pants, and white shoes.
- A resident on Seaton Road discovered on the morning of May 15th that his black 2007 Ford F150 truck was stolen. The theft appeared to have taken place sometime between the previous night and that morning.
If you have any information regarding any of these incidents, please contact your local RCMP, or remain anonymous by leaving a tip with Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).