AM800's Lisa Williams Among Finalists For Chamber's Business Excellence Awards
The Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce is out with the finalists for its 2018 Business Excellence Awards.
Among those nominated is AM800's own Lisa Williams who is up for Professional of the Year.
She's up against Dan Gemus of the Dan Gemus Real Estate Team as well as Naturopathic doctor Meighan Valero.
The chamber has also announced this year's recipient of the ATHENA Award will be President and CEO of Soulliere Financial Patricia Soulliere.
The chamber will be looking to crown winners in a number of categories including Entrepreneur of the Year, Small, Mid-size and Large Company of the Year as well as New Business of the Year.
The Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce announces finalists for the 2018 Business Excellence Awards (Photo courtesy of Angelo Aversa)
The 28th annual awards show takes place April 18 at Caesars Windsor.
The full list of finalists can be found below:
Award recipients announced in advance include:
Believe Windsor Essex Award - Michael Schlater, CEO, Domino's Pizza of Canada
ATHENA Award - Patricia Soulliere, President & CEO, Soulliere Financial
2018 BEA Finalists include:
Entrepreneur of the Year Award Finalists
- Radu Bogdanel, President, Fulger Transport Inc.
- Ernie Nesbitt, Owner, Jose's Bar and Grill
- Vince Schiller, Owner, Southwestern Manufacturing
Professional of the Year Award Finalists
- Dan Gemus, Owner/Broker of Record, Dan Gemus Real Estate Team
- Dr. Meighan Valero, Naturopathic Doctor, Meighan Valero Naturopathic Professional Corporation
- Lisa Williams, Radio Host - AM800 The Morning Drive, Bell Media / AM800
Young Professional of the Year Award Finalists
- Dr. Maxwell Abraham, Orthodontist, Owner, Abraham Orthodontics
- Dr. Abby Jakob, Optometrist/Owner of EYES Optometry, EYES Optometry
- Dr. Jackie Vandereerden, Doctor, South Walkerville Medical Centre
Small Company of the Year Award Finalists
- Anchor Coffee House Inc.
- Forest Glade Tecumseh Veterinary Professional Corporation
- Sentry Windows & Doors
Mid-Size Company of the Year Finalists
- Baron Championship Rings
- Flexible Industrial Solutions
- Kinder Academy
Large Company of the Year Finalists
- Fortis Group
- Highbury Canco Corporation
Innovation Award Finalists
- Inspire HUB Technologies Inc.
- K3D Inc.
- Ro-Matt International Inc.
Tourism & Hospitality Award Finalists
- Food & Beverage (F&B)
- The Iron Kettle Bed and Breakfast
- Smashed Apple Catering Inc.
New Business of the Year Award Finalists
- Exodus Escape Rooms
- Thrive Benefits Group Inc.
- Wolfhead Distillery Inc.
Pillars of our Community Award
- Assisted Living Southwestern Ontario
- Transition to Betterness
- Windsor-Essex Children's Aid Society