Candles Too Close To Curtains Blamed For LaSalle House Fire

The cause of a house fire in LaSalle is being listed as accidental, as lit candles were placed too close to curtains.

Fire crews were called to the 6000 block of Wales Court, off Morton Dr, around 5:25pm Sunday.

When they arrived, they found a fully involved basement fire.

Two people and three dogs were home at the time and everyone got out safely.

Deputy Fire Chief Ed Thiessen says candles were on a table near an open window and the curtains caught on fire.

Damage is pegged at $150,000 to $200,000.