Copperfield Fire Caused by Careless Smoking

am800-news-fire-copperfield-east-windsor-august-11-2019

The owner of a home that burned over the weekend remains in critical condition in hospital.

Fire officials have deemed the cause of the fire accidental.

Firefighters arrived at the home on Copperfield Place near Little River Acres Drive around 2 p.m. Sunday.

Windsor fire investigators determined the fire started in the living room as the result of careless smokng.

Damage is pegged at $175,000.  

$150,000 to the structure and $25,000 in lost contents.