Crown Opens Murder Trial With Graphic Details

The second-degree murder trial of a Windsor man has opened with graphic details about the case.

49-year-old John Wayne Pierre is accused of killing 42-year-old Lesley Watterworth in November of 2016.

The jury trial started Tuesday afternoon with Assistant Crown Eric Costeris telling jurors how he plans to bring evidence to prove his case.

Costeris says he will bring several witnesses to the stand who will detail what happened on the afternoon of November 1.

am800-news-lesley-watterworth

Lesley Watterworth was found dead in her Curry Ave. home in November 2016 (Image courtesy of Watterworth family)

He says several people across the street from the murder scene at 925 Curry Ave. reported hearing screams and seeing a man in an upstairs window.

When they asked him to show the other person, he refused, repeatedly wishing them 'Happy Hallowe'en'.

The first witness on the stand Tuesday was Windsor police Constable Charles Sasso, the first officer to enter the home on Curry Ave.

He told jurors he forced his way into the unit and found a body in the kitchen in a large pool of blood.

Watterworth had been beaten and stabbed to death.

The trial continues this morning and is expected to last about three weeks.