Former Masters Champ to Play in Detroit
The 2018 Masters champion Patrick Reed has committed to play in the Rocket Mortgage Classic next week in Detroit.
Reed's commitment means there are now seven major championship winners in the field: Gary Woodland (2019 U.S. Open), Reed (2018 Masters), Dustin Johnson (2016 U.S. Open), Bubba Watson (2012 Masters, 2014 Masters), Jimmy Walker (2016 PGA Championship) and Jason Dufner (2013 PGA Championship).
Reed is a six-time winner on the PGA TOUR who has played on the last three Ryder Cup teams for the United States.
He currently sits at No. 25 in the Official World Golf Rankings and has seven top-25 finishes in 15 tournaments this season.
Reed's commitment adds to an already impressive field for the inaugural Rocket Mortgage Classic.
- " Dustin Johnson - World No. 2, 2016 U.S. Open champion and 20-time PGA TOUR winner
- " Woodland - The 2019 U.S. Open winner, who jumped to No. 12 in the world rankings
- " Rickie Fowler - Five-time PGA TOUR winner and World No. 14
- " Bubba Watson - The 2012 and 2014 Masters champ and 12-time PGA TOUR winner ranked No. 22 in the world
- " Former World No. 1 Luke Donald
- " Three of the top 10 finishers at the U.S. Open, and four of the top 12 (Woodland, Chez Reavie, Chesson Hadley, Viktor Howland).
The Rocket Mortgage Classic will mark the first PGA TOUR ever held in the city of Detroit when it comes to Detroit Golf Club June 25 to the 30.