Hadwin Shines in Charity Challenge
The Windsor Championship Golf Tournament is off to a successful start.
The biggest golf event of the season locally drew a large crowd at Ambassador for Monday's Charity Challenge, in which the top two Canadian players of the PGA Tour battled it out in a skins-game, after a morning Pro-Am event.
Hadwin was the big winner claiming 8 of the 9 holes, and winning the bulk of the $10.000 however both professionals donated all of their winnings to the local charity, the Hospice of Windsor/Essex.
All proceeds from ticket sales also went to the charity.
Practice rounds will be held Tuesday, with the Pro-Am and banquet to take place Wednesday and the tournament starting first thing Thursday morning.
The Windsor Championship is part of the PGA's, MacKenzie Tour.
A playoff was needed to determine the top 8 qualifiers that earned entry into this week's tournament.
- 1 Brett White Caledonia, MI F * -6 64
- T2 Colton Wyllie Markham, ON F -4 66
- T2 Aaron Crawford Calgary, AB F -4 66
- T2 Clancy Waugh North Palm Beach, FL F -4 66
- T5 Jimmy Jones Tampa, FL F * -3 67
- T5 Anthony Maccaglia Alpharetta, GA F * -3 67
- T5 Bart George Arnold, MD F * -3 67
- T5 Nathan Yankovich Blacklick, OH F -3 67