Homeless Centre Given The All Clear

It's business as usual at Street Help in Windsor.

The Homeless Centre had to close down temporarily on Thursday because of the fire next door at El-Mayor restaurant.

Administrator Christine Wilson-Furlonger tells AM800 News power was resorted to the building around 5pm Thursday.

She says unfortunately they have had to throw away food such as bread, potatoes and onions since they were sitting out and exposed to smoke when it filled the building.

Windsor Fire & Rescue Services has checked the air quality in the Street Help building and confirmed it is safe.

Investigators are expected to give an update on the fire around 12noon Friday.

No injuries have been reported.