Large Garage Fire In Mitchell's Bay
Damage is pegged at $150,000 following a garage fire in Chatham-Kent.
Chatham-Kent Fire responded to a call Thursday night at 11 Bayview Street in Mitchell's Bay.
Upon arrival, a two storey garage was fully engulfed.
Fire officials say due to high winds, there was a risk of the fire spreading to neighbouring houses and two large propane tanks.
A second station was called in to assist and prevented the fire from spreading to other homes as well as keeping the propane tanks cooled while the fire was being extinguished.
The cause has been listed as accidental.
Chatham-Kent Fire says $750,000 worth of property was saved.
Fire officials are reminding the public to use extreme caution when operating tools with an open flame and never use an open flame to defrost pipes.
Afternoon News - 4:50pm - WIFF looks for Junior Programmers
Afternoon News - 4:20pm - Food & Drink – Walkerville Art Walk
Afternoon News - 3:50pm - Rondeau Beach Water Testing