Leamington Couple Charged With Drug Offences
Essex County OPP say a couple has been arrested after a drug raid at an Elliott St. home in Leamington.
OPP and RCMP entered a home on Wednesday and arrested a 36-year-old man and a 41-year-old woman, both of Leamington.
Cocaine, crack cocaine, Percocet, three vehicles, Canadian cash, two empty semi-automatic pistol magazines, construction equipment and power tools were seized.
"The illegal sale and distribution of illicit drugs in our communities will continue to be a top priority for enforcement." says OPP Insp. Glenn Miller. "Those that are engaged in this activity need to know you have our full attention along with the eyes of the community that are watching you."
As a result of the investigaion, the couple have been charged with:
- possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking
- possession of a Schedule I substance - opioid
- two counts of possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
- trafficking in property obtained by crime
They were both released and are scheduled to appear back in court in January to face the charges.
— With files from CTV Windsor