Murder Charge Dropped in Hall Ave. Fatal Shooting
A murder charge has been dropped against a Windsor man arrested in a fatal shooting.
Police were called on September 8, 2018 at 1:35am to a home on Hall Avenue after a person was shot.
The victim, 18-year-old Darrion Moffatt, was taken off life support and passed away.
Police then arrested two suspects, 19-year-old Cody Kennedy and 18-year-old Raul Huezo, both of Windsor and charged them with first degree murder.
But during a court appearance earlier this month, the crown dropped the charge against Kennedy.
His lawyer Maria Carroccia says it was the right decision.
"The crown made a determination, after they got all of the evidence that they required including forensic evidence back, that there was no reasonable prospect of conviction against my client."
Photo courtesy of Go Fund Me
She says her client had nothing to do with the shooting.
"He feels very relieved," she says. "We were confident that that was going to be the ultimate result but he is certainly relieved that the crown made this decision at this point."
Charges against the co-accused Raul Huezo remain before the courts.