Neighbouring Hair Studio Ravaged by El-Mayor Fire

The owner of Peter's Unisex Hair Studio is devastated after a fire ripped through the El-Mayor restaurant next door to his business.

Peter Maayah says his salon is on separated by a wall which didn't hold up to the intense heat and flames.

He says he found out about the blaze when a customer called and told him his shop was on fire.

"I came running over here and I saw the flames six or 10 feet high and I'm looking at my investment and my business. It's burnt to the ground."

He says he moved to the location just over a year ago and doesn't know if he'll be able to rebuild, adding "I have no idea right now. My mind is shut and I don't know my next step is. I don't know what to do. I don't know if I'm going to get anything out of that as a recovery to my loss. I have no idea."

Aside from his loss, Maayah feels for his neighbours and says it's going to be tough for El-Mayor to rebound, "they're a disaster too," he says. "They lost their business of almost 30 years. I'm just waiting on the report to be done. My God, beyond horrible. That's a disaster. Literally, I have no idea what to do."

The Ontario Fire Marshal's Office has been called in to investigate the fire which began just before midnight Wednesday night.

Windsor Fire is expected to give an update on the cause and damage on Friday.

There were no injuries in the blaze.