Tecumseh Mother And Kids Stuck In Elevator

A scary ordeal for a Tecumseh mother and her two children Sunday morning.

Around 10:30am, the three went to use the elevator at their apartment building at 250 Manning Rd.

After the door shut, the elevator became lodged in place.

Tecumseh Fire was called to the scene and was able to get a fan into the elevator as the temperature was quickly rising.

About a half hour later the doors were opened and the trio was freed.

Fire Chief Doug Pitre is crediting the mother with keeping the kids calm and the situation under control.