Two People Taken to Hospital After Tecumseh Apartment Fire

am800-news-tecumseh-apartment-fire-september-2019

Two people were taken to hospital after a fire at a multi-story apartment building in Tecumseh.

Emergency responders were called about 11 a.m. Tuesday to the Skyline Plaza on Tecumseh Road, just east of Banwell Road.

Fire prevention officer Bob Hamilton tells CTV Windsor it was an electrical fire that appears to have started when crews were installing a smart wise box next to an electrical panel.

Hamilton says one worker was sent to hospital with minor hand burns.

One resident taken to hospital as precaution.

The fire was reportedly in a third floor residential unit.

Crews had the fire out quickly but are checking for extension and remaining units for any occupants.