UPDATE: Careless Cooking To Blame For Apartment Fire

Careless cooking gets the blame for an apartment fire in Windsor this morning.

Fire broke out on the seventh floor of the Marine City Apartments on the corner of Ouellette Ave. and Tecumseh Rd. around 10am.

Damage is estimated at $100,000 to the affected unit as well as water damage to suites below.

AM800-NEWS-FIRE-TECUMSEH-OUELLETTE-WINDSOR

A man is rescued from the seventh floor of the Marine City Apartment building on the corner of Ouellette Ave. and Tecumseh Rd., September 6, 2018 (Photo by AM800's Sarah Johnson)

According to Windsor fire, all tenants have returned except for those in the affected unit. 

One resident was treated and released from hospital with minor burns.

A man had to be rescued from a seventh floor balcony and was sent to hospital with smoke inhalation — fire crews also rescued a cat.