UPDATE: East-Windsor Fire Claims Family Pet, Sends One Man To Hospital

One person was taken to hospital with minor injuries after a kitchen fire erupted in an east-Windsor home. 

It happened around 6pm on Eastcourt Dr. near Stillmeadow Rd. in Forest Glade.

Windsor Fire and Rescue quickly put out the blaze but not before a male resident suffered burns to the face and smoke inhalation.

CTV Windsor's Rich Garton spoke to officials on scene who say two other residents and a dog made it out of the home safely — despite efforts to resuscitate the family cat - it didn't survive the fire.

No word on damage at this time.

— with files from CTV Windsor's Rich Garton.