UPDATE: Unattended Cooking Causes Fire In East Windsor
Unattended cooking is getting the blame for a house fire on the city's east side.
Windsor Fire and Rescue was called to Albert Rd. and Tecumseh Rd. E. around 8pm Friday night.
Crews arrived to find heavy smoke and flames showing from the rear of the home.
One person was sent to hospital to be treated for minor smoke inhalation — they have since been released.
Damage is estimated at $150,000.
— with files from AM800's Gord Bacon
.@WindsorFire1 on the scene of a house fire on the E. corner of Albert Rd. and Tecumseh Rd. E. The fire appears to be out, no word on injuries at this time. @CTVWindsor #cklw pic.twitter.com/xypyO9LCL7— Gord Bacon (@baconAM800) September 1, 2018