UPDATE: Windsor Police Classify Hall Ave. Shooting As A Homicide
Windsor police have now confirmed a shooting on Hall Ave. was a homicide.
As AM800 news reported, 18-year-old Darrion Moffatt, passed away Monday afternoon.
Moffatt was shot early Saturday at 1:35am.
He was taken to the hospital and his mother Carolyn Crankshaw confirms, her son was taken off life support and his organs were donated.
An autopsy is scheduled to help detectives with the investigation.
A 19-year-old man was taken into custody, but no charges have been laid.
The Major Crimes Unit continues to investigate and is asking anyone with information to give them a call, or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 519-258-8477.
It is the seventh homicide of the year in Windsor.
Also in 2018:
- University student Jason Pantlitz-Solomon, 20, was shot and killed in downtown Windsor on August 27. Police are still searching for suspects.
- David Sura, 38, from Windsor, is charged with one count of first degree murder after the death of his 66-year-old father at an Everts Avenue home in June.
- Jitesh Bhogal, 27, a Canadian citizen residing in Michigan, is charged with first degree murder, aggravated sexual assault and break and enter in connection with the death of Autumn Taggart in June.
- Mal Chol, 20, of Waterloo and Nouraldin Rabee, 19, of Windsor face numerous charges including first degree murder in the death of 16-year-old Chance Gauthier, who was found in an alley of Church Street on February 14. Rabee has not been arrested.
- Yusuf Ali, 19, from Windsor, is wanted for one count of first degree murder in the death of 73-year-old Leonard Damm on a home on Bloomfield Road on February 18.
- Michael Hiller, 43, is charged with manslaughter in the death of 51-year-old Joe St. Louis at a home on Daytona Avenue on March 24.