UWindsor Sends Strong Team To Nationals
There's a strong contingent from the University of Windsor at the National Track and Field Championships in Ottawa.
The events begin today, July 5, 2018 and continue to Sunday.
18 athletes from the Windsor Athletics Club will compete in 22 events.
The top seeds include Noelle Montcalm, ranked 2nd in the 400mH, Corey Bellemore 3rd in the 1500m, and Emily Omahen 3rd in the long jump, all in the senior division.
There are another 5 athletes ranked in the top 6 going into the weekend, Mandy Brunet, Bailey Dell, Milos Savic, Spencer Vanderlaan, and Rachael Wolfs.
Winners from this event are automatically entered in the North American, Central America and Caribbean Championships in Toronto in August.
Full List of Athletes
1. Akot Aken U20 TJ 9th
2. Stephanie Aldea Senior 1500m 11th
3. Corey Bellemore Senior 1500m 3rd
4. Ross Benn Senior PV 11th
5. Mandy Brunet U20 TJ, JT 4th, 9th
6. Baily Dell Senior JT 6th
7. Nick Falk Senior 1500m 12th
8. Kimora Harris U20 100m, 200m 20th, 28th
9. Taryn Lamorie U20 LJ 9th
10. Noelle Montcalm Senior 400H 2nd
11. Emily Omahen Senior LJ 3rd
12. Brett Page Senior PV 15th
13. Mitch Paterson Senior 400m, 800m 24th, 32nd
14. Milos Savic Senior PV 5th
15. Stef Smith Senior 1500m, 5000m 17th, 12th
16. Kaitlyn Stewart U20 TJ 17th
17. Spencer Vanderlaan U20 SP 4th
18. Rachael Wolfs Senior PV 4th