VIDEO: Cause Identified in Fire That Sends One Person to Hospital

One person remains in hospital in critical condition after an early morning fire in Windsor.

Windsor fire crews were called to 969 Moy Ave. just north of Erie Street at about 2 a.m. Wednesday and found flames shooting from the home's living room window.

An elderly man suffered smoke inhalation and has since been released from the hospital while another man was transferred to hospital in Hamilton in critical condition.

The cause of the fire has now been listed as accidental and the cause is careless smoking.

Originating in the living room, the fire caused $150,000 in damages.

Neighbour Chad Wilson was among the first on the scene and says "The house was catching on fire in the living and I heard a man standing on the porch yelling so I came outside and called 9-1-1," he says.