Windsor Fire Issues Warning After Two Fires Start Same Way
Windsor fire is sending out a warning to residents after two house fires in two days were ignited the same way.
The first on Dominion Blvd. Friday afternoon, the second on Tourangeau Rd. Saturday morning.
Chief Fire Prevention Officer John Lee says both fires were started by oily rags.
He's reminding the public if you're staining wood or using solvents during renovations, do not leave oily rags in a pile or put them in a dryer.
Lee says they can generate heat and spontaneously combust.
Damage totalled $150,000 in the two fires.
No one was injured in either blaze.