New board, directors elected at Truro & Colchester Chamber of Commerce AGM
A new slate of officers and directors have been elected at the Truro & Colchester Chamber of Commerce 129th Annual General Meeting this week.
Ron Smith, Manager of Business Development for Old Fletcher Farm Property Limited, will step into the president's seat for the next year, following four years on the board.
Mathew Mossman, Sales Manager at this radio station, was elected vice-president, Amanda Pothier, owner of Atkinson's Accounting will be treasurer, and George White of Patterson Law was elected as solicitor, while outgoing president Joanne McRae, Senior Manager with MNP, will continue on the board in the past-president role.
McRae says, "During the past year, we have continued to collaborate with government of all levels, local businesses and organizations, the Truro and Colchester Partnership for Economic Prosperity, and other Chambers in the region to ensure the voices of our members and businesses from the area are heard and their interests are protected as our region continues to grow and flourish."
Eleven directors were also elected at the AGM:
- Dr. David Gray, Dean of Dalhousie Agricultural Campus
- Karen Baillie, Elegant Steps
- Karen Gillespie, Nova Scotia Community College
- Bob Brown Lynds Industrial Services
- Nancy Johnstone, Lock and Stone Property Management
- Peter Thiesen Pulse Property Services
- Connie Baird, Party Time Rentals and Sam Abushenaf, PuroClean Restorations
- David Ritcey, Community Credit Union
- Julie Taylor, Skin Decision
- Trina Langille, Warmth By Design
- Phil Smith, Home Hardware Stores Ltd., Eastern Dealer Support Center