Bell listeners come together to raise $242,969 during annual IWK Radiothon
Listeners of ten Bell Media owned-radio stations across Nova Scotia and New Brunswick raised $242,969 during the annual IWK Radiothon yesterday.
IWK says the funds raised this year will help support the most urgent priority needs of the IWK including the purchase of surgical telescopes, micro wheelchairs, air/oxygen blenders and infant scales, which are vital to the care of IWK patients.
Jennifer Gillivan, President and CEO of the IWK Foundation said, "The IWK would not be the amazing place we all love without the generosity of Maritimers, like that shown today by IWK Radiothon donors."
Ten radio stations participated in this year's radiothon, including:
- Big Dog 100.9 FM and Cat Country 99.5 FM in Truro, NS;
- C100 FM and 101.3 Virgin Radio in Halifax, NS;
- FOX 105 FM, Capital 106.9 FM and KHJ 1260 AM in Fredericton, NB;
- MAX 104.9 FM in Bathurst, NB;
- K93 FM in Grand Falls, NB;
- CJ104 FM in Woodstock, NB;
Trent McGrath, Vice President and General manager CTV Atlantic and Bell Media Radio Atlantic said, "year after year they [listeners] have shown us that they have a deep desire to support the woman and children of the Maritime community. Thank you."