CCRSB accepting applications for French programs
The Chignecto-Central Regional School Board is accepting applications for late French immersion and integrated French programs.
The late French immersion program (Grade 7 entry) is available at Redcliff Middle School in Valley, while the integrated French (Grade 7 entry) program is available at eight schools, including:
- Dr. W. A. MacLeod Consolidated (Riverton);
- E.B. Chandler Junior High (Amherst);
- Springhill Junior/Senior High (Springhill);
- Redcliff Middle School (Bible Hill);
- Truro Junior High School (Truro);
- Central Colchester Junior High (Onslow);
- Riverside Education Centre (Milford); and
- South Colchester Academy (Brookfield).
The deadline to apply for both programs is Feb. 28.
Information packages and application forms are available at all schools with Grade 6 students, at each Family of Schools Office, at the CCRSB Central Office in Truro, and online.
Meanwhile, school board officials have also extended the deadline for the early French immersion program (Grade Primary entry) at AG Baillie Memorial School and the middle French immersion program (Grade 4 entry) at Frank H. MacDonald Elementary School until Feb. 28.
The information package and application for is available at all elementary schools, the Celtic Family of Schools Office, at the CCRSB Central Office in Truro, and online.
Board officials say students do not need a background in French to find success in any of the programs.