Emergency Room closures in Colchester and Cumberland County: August 11-17
The emergency departments in Tatamagouche, Parrsboro, Pugwash and Springhill will all be temporarily closed during the day at some point this week.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority says the daytime closures are due to a lack of physician coverage, but the emergency rooms will be available overnight.
Overnight coverage is provided by the paramedic, registered nurse, oversight physician team.
Anyone in need of immediate medical attention should call 911, while general health questions can be directed to HealthLink 811.
The emergency department at Lillian Fraser Memorial Hospital in Tatamagouche will be closed as follows:
- Sunday August 11: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday August 15: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday August 16: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
In Pugwash, the ER at North Cumberland Collaborative is shut down from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Sunday August 11 but is open the rest of the week.
The emergency department at the South Cumberland Collaborative Emergency Centre in Parrsboro will be closed on the following dates and times:
- Sunday August 11: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Monday August 12: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday August 13: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday August 14: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday August 17: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
At All Saints Springhill, the ER will be shut down on Monday August 12, Tuesday August 13 and Thursday August 15 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.