Emergency Room closures in Cumberland County: June 2-8
There are daytime closures of emergency rooms in Cumberland County scheduled this week.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority says the emergency department at the North Cumberland Collaborative Emergency Centre in Pugwash will be closed on the following dates and times:
- Sunday June 2: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Monday June 3: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday June 4: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday June 5: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday June 6: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday June 8: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The province says the emergency room at the South Cumberland Emergency Centre in Parrsboro will be shut down on Sunday June 2 from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The government says the emergency department at All Saints Springhill Collaborative Emergency Centre will be closed as follows:
- Friday June 7: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday June 8: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (2 hours only)
The Nova Scotia Health Authority says the daytime closures are due to a lack of available doctors, but all three emergency rooms will be open every night, with coverage provided by the paramedic/registered nurse/oversight physician team.
Anyone in need of immediate medical attention should call 911.