Help RCMP solve nine recent property crimes
Halifax District RCMP is asking for public help to solve nine property offences that happened between March 31 and April 10.
Police say the incidents all took place in communities in an area that is known locally as Prospect Loop, located off of Prospect Road/Highway 333, in the Halifax Regional Municipality.
The RCMP have provided the following details of the incidents in question:
- The rear window of a seasonal residence located on Atlantic Street in Blind Bay was smashed with a rock sometime between March 31 and April 7, but no items were reported stolen;
- A Nova Scotia licence plate with the number "EYY 064" was stolen from a Dodge Caravan parked in the driveway of a home on Privateer Road in West Dover between March 27 and April 7;
- Someone entered the garage of a home on Westridge Road in Hatchet Lake without permission through the side door on April 4, but nothing was reported stolen;
- Three thefts from unlocked motor vehicles were reported on Shady Vista Drive in Hatchet Lake sometime overnight between April 8 and April 9 and money, sunglasses, gift cards and a jacket were stolen;
- A Hyundai Elentra was stolen from a home's driveway on Shady Vista Drive in Hatchet Lake on April 9 and was recovered undamaged on April 10;
- An attempted break and enter to a home's garage overnight between April 9 and 10 was reported on Yeaholm Way in Brookside. It appeared someone pulled on the locked side door, opening it slightly but not enough to gain entry;
- A theft was reported from an unlocked motor vehicle on Tara Drive in Whites Lake sometime overnight between April 9 and 10, with loose change and a gift card reported stolen;
Police say their investigation into these incidents is ongoing and they are reminding the public to lock their homes, garages and vehicles, especially overnight.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Halifax District RCMP or call Crime Stoppers.