Kitchen fire displaces family of five in Trenton

The Canadian Red Cross says a family of five has been displaced following a kitchen fire this afternoon, which damaged their two-story, wood-frame house in Trenton. 

The organization says a couple and three children have been assisted by disaster volunteers with emergency lodging, food, clothing, blankets, personal care-units, and other support. 

The Canadian Red Cross also says the fire was reported just before 2 p.m. this afternoon at 9 First Street and there were no injuries.