New Glasgow approves capital street paving list
The Town of New Glasgow has approved the capital street paving list for 2019.
The Committee of the Whole approved the work for 13 streets at its meeting on June 5th.
According to a press release, the paving work will cost approximately $700,000 and a tender for a contractor will be issued shortly.
The following sections of roadway have been approved for capital funding:
- East River Road: starting at Park Street, ending at Washington Street (both lanes)
- Munroe Avenue: starting at Stellarton Road, ending at Riverview Street
- Washington Street: starting at East River Road, ending at Marsh Street
- Terrace Street: starting at George Street, ending at Elm Street
- Terrace Street: starting at Carmichael Street, ending at Churchill Street
- Brother Street: starting at Albert Street, ending at Tremont Street
- MacDonald Street: starting at East River Road, ending at Victoria Street
- MacDonald Street: starting at Victoria Street, ending at Campbell Street
- Granville Street: starting at East River Road, ending at Stewart Street
- Edward Street: starting at East River Road, ending at Stewart Street
- Dalhousie Street: starting at Archimedes Street, ending at James Street
- High Street: starting at Helene Street, ending at Cottage Street
- Stellarton Road: starting at Milne Street, ending at the Town limits (micro surfacing)