Oxford boy chooses winning name in RCMP's 'Name the Foal' contest
The winning names from the RCMP's "Name the Foal" contest have been released, and one of the winning submissions is from our region.
The contest invited youth aged 14 and under from across the country to submit original names starting with the letter "P."
One of the twelve new foals born at the RCMP breeding farm in Pakenham, Ontario has been named Pride thanks to a submission from four-year-old Gavin of Oxford.
The other winning names include Poppy, Partner, Pixie, Pax, Pace, Pascal, Phantom, Prince, Patriot, Puck, and Penny
All winners receive a 2018 Musical Ride horseshoe, a set of 2018 Musical Ride trading cards, a horse-and-rider pin, a photo of the foal they named, and a certificate signed by the RCMP commissioner.
Some of the foals who have been named may grow up to become Musical Ride horses.
The winning names as per the RCMP news release were submitted by:
- Emma, Mayerthorpe, Alberta – Poppy
- Nathaniel, Abbotsford, British Columbia – Partner
- Myah, Holtville, New Brunswick – Pixie
- Landon, GrandFalls-Windsor, Newfoundland and Labrador – Pax
- Lilly, Inuvik, Northwest Territories – Pace
- Gavin, Oxford, Nova Scotia – Pride
- Harper, Renfrew, Ontario – Pascal
- Liam, Pleasant Grove, Prince Edward Island – Phantom
- Cory, Brigham, Quebec – Prince
- Emily, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan – Patriot
- Nathan, Whitehorse, Yukon – Puck
- School class entry: Grade 1, Westwood Elementary, Thompson, Manitoba – Penny