Province announces pre-primary expansion for 2019-20
The Nova Scotia government has announced the expansion of the pre-primary program to 56 new schools this September.
The province says the $10.2 million investment brings the total annual investment to $34.2 million.
Government says the expansion will see 84 new classrooms, with an additional 1,400 four-year-olds expected to be able to access the program based on Grade Primary enrolment data.
Included in the expansion are classrooms in eleven schools within the Chignecto-Central Regional Centre for Education.
Families who live near a school community that is offering pre-primary and wish to register their child, can contact the Conseil scolaire acadien provincial or their Regional Centre for Education.
New Pre-Primary Program Locations for 2019-20 (via the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development):
- West Colchester Consolidated School - Bass River
- Cumberland North Academy - Brookdale
- Great Village Elementary School - Great Village
- Uniacke District School - Mount Uniacke
- A.G. Baillie Memorial School - New Glasgow
- Cobequid District Elementary School - Noel
- Parrsboro Regional Elementary School - Parrsboro
- Salt Springs Elementary School - Pictou
- West Pictou Consolidated School - Pictou
- Scotsburn Elementary School - Scotsburn
- Tatamagouche Elementary School - Tatamagouche