Springhill pair facing numerous drug & firearm charges
The RCMP have arrested two people following a six-month long drug trafficking investigation in Cumberland County.
Police arrested 38-year-old John Alan Russel Warner and 27-year-old Nicole Doris Gallant, both of Springhill, during a traffic stop near Oxford on February 20.
Officers seized a loaded handgun, crystal methamphetamine, methamphetamine in tablet form, cocaine, hydromorphone, cash, and drug paraphernalia from the vehicle.
A search warrant was obtained for a home in Springhill where police also seized oxycodone, methadone, crystal methamphetamine and more drug paraphernalia.
They appeared in court on the following charges:
- Possession of Cocaine, Methamphetamine, Hydromorphone and Oxycodone for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Methadone
- Possession of a Loaded Restricted Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Unsafe Storage of a Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm Dangerous to the Public
- Possession of a Firearm Obtained by Crime
- Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle
- Possession of a Firearm While Prohibited
- Breach of Probation
- Obstructing a peace officer
Warner has been remanded into custody until February 26.
Gallant was released on conditions and is scheduled to return to court March 19.
The RCMP investigation continues.