Weekend fire claims third life
A deadly weekend fire in Lower Sackville has claimed the life of a third person.
RCMP have confirmed an 18-year-old man initially taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries following Saturday's fire has succumbed to those injuries.
A 58-year-old man and an 11-year-old girl were killed in the fire, while a 46-year-old woman sustained minor injuries after police officers rescued her from a second-floor window.
The fire has been traced to an electrical problem that originated in the basement of the home.
Halifax's fire chief extended condolences to the family Monday, and said he hopes the tragedy prompts people to install more smoke alarms in their home.
He said fire investigators believe that if there had been more than one device in the home, it's possible lives would have been saved before smoke and heat reached dangerous levels.
~ With files from The Canadian Press