31 year old Nanoose Bay man dead after workplace accident

 

A 31-year-old Nanoose Bay man has been electrocuted after an accident involving standing power lines at a Parksville apartment complex.
Two men were cleaning gutters Thursday afternoon when the ladder they were working on came in contact with live power lines.

RCMP say one man was electrocuted and died on the scene, the other was taken to hospital. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening. 
The incident happened at Pacific Manor,  in Parksville, just after 1 p.m. Thursday.
Oceanside RCMP have turned the investigation over to the BC Coroner and Worksafe BC.

Contact Us

If you have a news tip, story idea or to reach a radio host, contact us here.