Fort Rodd Hill Canada Day Celebrations
It is time to come celebrate Canada's birthday and Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites are an amazing backdrop to celebrate this special day. Situated right beside each other, the sites have plenty of room for community members to join in the festivities.
Don't miss the annual 21 gun salute from Fort Rodd Hill's beach, live music from local young talents and the military bands, activities provided by local organizations, presentations by volunteer re-enactors and of course Victoria's biggest birthday cake. In addition this year, the whole family will enjoy a live puppet show, dress-up in period uniform and step back in time for a "historic photo", and get their feet wet while paddle boarding or exploring tide pools at the foot of Fisgard Lighthouse. It is recommend to bring a chair or a blanket, pack a picnic or purchase food from local food vendors, and settle in for the day.
Free shuttle bus services from the Juan de Fuca park-and-ride (Ocean Blvd and Hwy 1A) from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Special features include:
10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Demonstration by Victoria-Esquimalt Military Re-enactor Association
- Crafts, games and information booths from local organizations
- Live entertainment by the 5th (B.C.) Regiment of the RCA, Westshore Community Concert Band, and local talents
- Stand-up Paddle Boarding by the lighthouse
- Food services provided by the local Royal Canadian Legion Branch 91 and food trucks
10 a.m. to noon
- Tide pool discovery program with the Shaw Centre for the Salish Sea
- Puppet Show at Casemates
10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- "Historic Photo" booth at the Canteen
10:45 a.m to 11:00 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Parka dance and visit
11:50 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Opening ceremonies
- 21 Gun Salute
12:30 p.m. to 12:40 p.m.
- Citizenship Reaffirmation Ceremony
12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Free birthday cake, courtesy of Thrifty Foods Colwood