One person taken to hospital after early morning fire in Saanich

One person was taken to hospital early Friday morning in Saanich after fire broke out in a home in the 700 Block of Cordova Bay Road.

Fire crews arrived just after 4 a.m. to a structure fire and witnessed light smoke rising from the home.  Two people were in the residence at the time and were alerted by a smoke detector.  One person was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire is not know at this time.

Saanich Fire says damage to the structure is approximately $200,000.

Contact Us

If you have a news tip, story idea or to reach a radio host, contact us here.