Rain leads to wastewater discharge on some CRD shorelines.
All that heavy rain has caused combined stormwater and wastewater overflows along some shorelines in Greater Victoria.
The areas affected are:
- Between Rutland Road (Oak Bay) and Seaview Road (Saanich) including Cadboro Bay.
- Between Trafalgar Park and Radcliffe Lane including McNeill Bay in Oak Bay.
- Between Fraser Street and Victoria View Road including Saxe Point, Macaulay Point and McLoughlin Point in Esquimalt.
- Between Cook Street and St. Charles Street including Clover Point and Ross Bay in Victoria.
- Between Arbutus Cove Lane and Telegraph Bay Road including Arbutus Cove, Finnerty Cove and Telegraph Cove in Saanich.
The CRD says as a result of these discharges, residents are advised to avoid entering the waters along the affected shorelines, as the wastewater may pose a health risk.
As a precaution and in consultation with Island Health and the local municipalities, beaches within the affected areas will be posted with public health advisory signs.