Royal Oak Middle School evacuated due to gas leak
A gas leak forced students and staff at Royal Oak Middle School to evacuate for a short time this (Thurs) afternoon.
The leak was at a condo construction project near the school.
A School District official says it's believed the leak was caused by the construction crew hitting a gas line on Travino Lane.
Police and Fortis BC responded, and a large area was cordoned off.
The all clear was given within a half hour. Social media reports that the school was in lockdown were not true.